Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: K25 Discontinued?

  1. #1
    c_77
    Guest c_77's Avatar

    Exclamation

    Hi Everyone,
    It looks like Kodak is pulling the plug on this film stock. Maybe this is what caused the rumors to circulate about Kodachrome being discontinued...I didn't know K25 movie film was available anyway (16mm?)...Here's the whole story.
    http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/ne...nsLetter.shtml

    Later-Chris

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Nigel
    Guest Nigel's Avatar

    Post

    That sucks!!! I always like K25 more. Oh well there is nothing we can do now.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    CirrusKitfox
    Guest CirrusKitfox's Avatar

    Post

    Though it appears they have no intention of discontinuing Kodachrome 40. I never really used slide film much. It's not difficult to have slides made from negatives.

    I just tested some K40 in my new Yashica. It looks wonderful.

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    Who did your processing.

    -Alex

    ------------------

  5. #5
    CirrusKitfox
    Guest CirrusKitfox's Avatar

    Post

    My processing?
    Wal-Mart.

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post


    Has anyone ever compared K-40 with an 85 filter to K-25 with no filter?

    I'm curious how much of a difference there really is.

    -Alex

    ------------------

  7. #7
    8th Man
    Guest 8th Man's Avatar

    Post

    For that matter has anyone ever compared Swiss processing VS. Dwanes by sending a cartradges shot back to back at the same location?


    ------------------
    PRM

  8. #8
    Nigel
    Guest Nigel's Avatar

    Post

    I used K25 in 16mm and liked it. Thought it looked just as good a K40 with an 85 actually I think it looked better. The only problem is that it was only made on 100' loads. K40 is only made on 100' spools for double perf and 1200' loads for single perf. Which makes both stocks hard to shoot in 16mm.

    ------------------

  9. #9
    Hanthx
    Guest Hanthx's Avatar

    Post

    I have some pk-59 mailers coming in, so I will tell you the results. Im interested myself. If it costs only a few cents more to send them to Swaziland instead of Walmart, I might just go this route.

    late
    Sc;0tt
    "shimber me timbers, earthquake in the valley!!"
    Did you feel that Alex or Chas?

    ------------------

  10. #10
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    Hanxth wrote:
    "shimber me timbers, earthquake in the valley!!" Did you feel that Alex or Chas?

    I sure did! Luckily I had just finished a scene for the Flicker in-camera edit contest. It would have sucked if I had an earthquake during the scene because I was shooting stop-motion!

    ------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •